I enjoy designing costumes for theatrical productions, and I recently won an award for my costume design.
But, when I’m not doing that, one of my favorite hobbies is cosplay–which is basically like getting to play dress-up as an adult. I love the chance to create a costume based on one of my favorite characters from film, television, or books.
Some of my favorite cosplays I’ve done over the years:
- Jack Sparrow (first film version)
- The White Queen (from Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland)
- Nightcrawler (from the X-2 film)
- Doctor Who (4th and 12th incarnations)
- Bofur the Dwarf (from the Hobbit films)
- Kristoff (from the Frozen animated film)
- Ted (from Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure)
- Missy (from series 8 and 9 of Doctor Who)
- Ruffnut (from Netflix’s Dragons: Race to the Edge)
- Professor Snape (from the Harry Potter films, based on the first three)
I love getting to walk around as all these fantastic characters at places such as DragonCon, though I’ve grown very partial to my Professor Snape costume…mainly because of the cloak. I put much of my work up on my regular Facebook and Instagram pages, but I also have a Facebook page for my cosplay pictures and a Tumblr for all my geeky, fangirl loves.
Feel free to check them out!